Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest version of our operating system, but at the moment there are very few phones that can access it. There are manufacturers faster than others and OnePlus is usually the first.
Today we see through its official forums that users of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T can already test the new version of OxygenOS based on Android 8.0.
This new version can be downloaded manually and is still a beta with some known bugs. Even so, this is an expected upgrade, which comes in beta for last year’s OnePlus. The OnePlus 5 will have to wait but we are sure that it will also be one of the first to receive the new version.
How to test Android 8.0 Oreo and OxygenOS beta on OnePlus 3 and 3T
The update to OxygenOS Beta 25 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and includes the new system Picture in Picture, autocomplete, intelligent selection of text, changes in the launcher, the last security patches and in short all minor changes that introduced Google.
To install this beta 25 that is based on Oreo for the first time we must have a OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, download the OTA files, copy them to internal memory, access recovery, install from local, choose the file and install it. Upon restarting we will have the new version.
List of Known Issues
Here you leave the list of bugs that are still pending to be solved, but logical at this point.
- Slowness in the fingerprint reader
- Direct access to Google Photos not available
- Stability problems with WiFi, NFC, and Bluetooth
- Unexpected closures in specific apps
- Night mode with problems
- High temperature during charging
- Unresolved standby battery drain
- In short, good news for users of the OnePlus 3 can start to test Oreo but at the moment will not be stable enough for their daily use.