The Japanese have a tradition that always caught our attention at this time: the so-called lucky bag in which you paid an amount for a “surprise bag” in which any product of the brand could appear. Apple decided to stop selling these bags but continues with the festive custom of January 2 giving away the balance of the Apple Store with the purchase of certain products.
The promotion shares space with the special discounts of the iPhone XR on the cover of the Japanese Apple website, so the event is not isolated. Understanding it is simple: if you buy a series of products from the company throughout the day, you get gift vouchers for a value that can go from 3,000 to 24,000 yen. From 24 to 191 euros at the current exchange rate
Up to 191 euros as a gift with the purchase of some Macs
Here are the discounts and the products with which they are given:
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus: gift voucher of 6,000 yen (48 euros)
- iPad, iPad Pro 10.5 inches or iPad mini 4: gift voucher of 12,000 yen (95 euros)
- MacBook, MacBook Air (old model), MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro or Mac Pro: gift voucher of 24,000 yen (191 euros)
- Apple Watch Series 3: gift voucher of 6,000 yen (48 euros)
- Apple TV: gift voucher of 3,000 yen (24 euros)
- Beats Studio 3 Wireless, Solo 3 Wireless or PowerBeats 3 Wireless: gift voucher of 6,000 yen (48 euros)
The most recent products of the company are therefore excluded: the Apple Watch Series 4, the new MacBook Air, the new Mac mini or the iPad Pro, of 11 and 12.9 inches.
It is usual in this type of events where discounts or purchase vouchers are given, the idea of Apple is to take advantage of the occasion to clear the warehouses of older products and thus leave room for everything new.
We know that there is a small part of our readers who read us from the land of the rising sun, so take advantage of the day!